At Soulev, we care about your wellbeing, so here are some tips on how to relax appropriately and make your day go smoother:
8 top ideas you should apply in your day-to-day routine
- Be grateful for the small things throughout each day (the sunlight, the message of an old friend, a call with a family member, an accomplishment at work, etc.). Write it on a colorful post-it and put it in a transparent jar. At the end of the year, you can pick any of them and read it. This will put a smile on your face.
- Meditate before going to bed. Put on some relaxing music: singing births, sea waves, it's your pick. Close your eyes, clear up your mind for a few minutes of any thoughts and concentrate on your breath.
- Do 10 mins of yoga/stretching in the morning, before opening your email or answering any calls. Set up a yoga mat in a quiet place, open the window to get fresh air, and stretch your body in different positions.
- Make your bed every morning. It is the perfect way to start your day. You will have accomplished the first task of your day. Moreover, you will feel so happy to find your bed done by the end of your long working day.
- Burn some Palo Santo, Bay Leaves, or Sage to purify the air of your room and house. These plants have specific proprieties to relax the mind, body & soul; balance yourself, and remove negative energies.
- Drink Raw Cacao & Fresh Ginger Root in tea form to purify your body and give you energy. These are great nutrients & have exceptional benefits (anti-inflammatory, lower blood pressure, improve blood flow, help with digestive problems, and many more).
- Grow or take care of plants. Trees and leaves purify the air; studies show that it lowers stress levels in a work environment. You can grow plants indoors on the windowsill, on a small balcony. Help a friend with his/her garden, join a public garden in your city and learn about permaculture.
- Enjoy the outdoors and the sun. Go for a walk even if you feel down. Make an effort to be active and change your environment for 30 mins a day. You will feel the shift in your body and feel a sense of joy. If your body doesn't allow you to walk for long, take it slow, take small steps and sit on a bench in a park.
- Eat healthy meals with fresh fruits and veggies. Take time to have a break for lunch, disconnect and cook proper food.
Aside from all these tips on How to relax, you can try natural alternatives to balance your pain, level of stress, energy, or even treat burnout or depression. Here are some holistic treatments we recommend you try out: homeopathy, Bach Flower remedies, 100% natural CBD oil… Have a look at the range of CBD products at Soulev: Muscular Balm,Oil & Tinctures, Capsules, CBD for pets. Everyone is different and needs to find out the best technique for their body to find out how to relax.
Written by Delphine Camberlin
* Please consult with your physician before using any product. These tips and products do not intend to replace ongoing medication.
6 health benefits of ginger tea - BBC Good Food
10 Surprising Benefits of Yoga and Meditation for Active Adults | 55places
8 Incredible Reasons to Burn Bay Leaf at Home in This Winter (krishijagran.com)
Énergique après le travail (Video in french)